- Very big numbers 17 May 2013 | 11:16 am
- Samsung to offer Telefónica direct billing in devices 17 May 2013 | 11:08 am
- European regulators begin Roaming Regulation assessment 16 May 2013 | 9:54 am
- Vodafone Germany offers fixed access over DT network 16 May 2013 | 9:53 am
- Samsung pockets 95% of Android profits 16 May 2013 | 9:22 am
The 2nd Annual APP GIG @ Digital Services Africa – in partnership with Mobile Monday
The APP GIG is a celebration of the creativity and innovation of developers in Africa – and a chance for them to share experiences and learn more ideas on how to promote and monetize their apps.
The session is a series of dedicated workshops and interactive sessions with the most engaging developers and app specialists to discuss innovative business models, interesting development ideas, related technologies, new trends in this ecosystem, and more.
The APP GIG is free to attend for all independent African app developers and coders. It is collocated with Digital Services Africa, the leading telecoms, ICT and media event.
NEW for 2013: the AppGig is organized in partnership with Mobile Monday – Bringing the most passionate team to lead the debates, encourage ideas sharing and have fun while networking!
Why APP GIG @ Digital Services Africa 2013 is the perfect developer get-together:
- Bringing together the right crowd: developers will meet with leading telecoms operator and media players for a complete overview of the app business
- Run by developers for developers: APP GIG will be a run of workshops and presentations from experienced coders and developers, actively creating in Africa
- Empowering developers in Africa: an agenda that will enable developers in Africa to find out about innovative business models, interesting development ideas, new trends in this ecosystem, related technologies, and more.
- Partnering with grass root ‘app-trepreneurs’ & developer community leaders to reach the African developer communities from across the continent
- Networking for Success: we have a network of contacts reaching out to app developers across facebook, twitter, Linkedin, Google+ and more….
13.45 Welcome by Mobile Monday
14.00 Developer Workshop: Developing apps for social media platforms
Get to grips with some new skills – attend this in depth, tailored to you, interactive developer workshop to hear from a leading brand about their latest OS & API. Don’t miss this chance to quiz the industry leaders on how your apps will be the best they can be on their platform.
Workshop leader: Gavin Marshall, Mxit
15.00 Caffeine fix
15.45 App DevChat: Quiz the Gurus
Your chance to sit with app developers who have been there, and done that. What have they learnt? What would they do differently? What’s worked really well for them? And more…
- What makes for a successful African app?
- What are the challenges to creating, distributing & monetising apps in the African market?
- What does the future hold for apps development in Africa?
Toby Kurien, Software Developer & Android Advocate
Sipho Ngwenya, CTO, Afroes
Mark Strathmore, Head of Developer Ecosystem, South and East Africa, Nokia
16.00 App Pitch: Flaunt your App Genius
A unique chance for you independent developers to pitch in an open forum containing mobile industry leaders, fellow developers, as well as VCs… Get feedback, an ego boost, and potentially create an opportunity for yourself. Oh, and there’ll be beer, too.
For more information please contact:
- about the agenda: Julie Rey – firstname.lastname@example.org
- about sponsorship opportunities: Tanyel Ali – email@example.com